Sunday, June 29, 2014

HAIR BY DANIEL JORDAN RICHARD JAMES LC:M SS15

RICHARD JAMES LC:M SS15
HAIR BY DANIEL JORDAN

“This season contemplates the irresistible, all-engulfing infinity of the Sahara. A discovery into the deep essence of the desert, alongside a dashing, quietly dignified band of Brits that, more than most, knew exactly how to stay cool in the heat of the moment. The collection is formed with a strong base of colours; khaki, sand, olive and beige. With piercing accents of pink, orange and cobalt, to reflect the jewel-like sharpness of the Mediterranean.”
RICHARD JAMES, DESIGNER


 “The Richard James ‘Desert Rat’, has spent 3 months in the desert, so he’s a bit rugged and rough round the edges. I was inspired by young Clint Eastwood in; ‘Play Misty for Me’. It was important to work with the natural textures of their hair and keep it matte. It’s clean but not too clean.”
DANIEL JORDAN, GO 24·7 SESSION STYLIST


GET-THE-LOOK

“I prepped the hair by spraying wet and then applied GO 24·7 Hair Gel all over. I then worked the gel into the hair by rough drying with my fingers, which gives the hair height and flexibility. I made sure I worked the hair backwards, to encourage it to stay off the face and add natural height and volume. Where some of the models had a strong parting, we worked with the natural flow of their hair whilst constantly teasing it backwards. Before I applied GO 24·7 Texture Paste, I warmed the product by blasting the hairdryer into the pot for a few seconds. This technique softens the paste and prevents build up in the hair. I used a small amount of GO 24·7 Texture Paste and pulled it through the hair from front to the nape. Once I was happy with the way it had set, I roughed up the edges, to give it that ‘un-done’ finish.”

No comments:

Post a Comment